Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be able to start my 2011 500 without holding in the brake lever or putting it in neutral. My 2004.5 400 is this way from the factory. I can hear a switch click somewhere but haven't found it yet, if I bypass the switch and solder the wires together will the brake light be on all the time. Can someone explain how I could do this and where this switch is located. There are no wires go up the handle bar to the brake.

·
Super Moderator
6,957 Posts
Your question brings one word to mind. WHY!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the choke on this machine is spring loaded and will not stay out, so it is almost impossible to turn the key, hold the choke out and hold the brake in at the same time. Yes I know I could put it in park, neutral or lock the brake on but it is just a pain in the arse especially when I am so used to just starting my older sportsman and going

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2011 500 as well and the choke stays out by itself I think there is an adjustment on the choke knob to stiffen it up so choke does not retract when you let go of it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
agreed with above, the tension of the choke can be set right on the light pod.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Agree with the tension comments. According to my 2011 manual, page 46:

"8. If the knob does not stay where positioned, increase the tension by rotating the tension adjusting nut clockwise."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts