Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm upgrading my stock tires and can't decide on either the Pit Bull Rockers or the Swamp Lites. The Pit Bulls come in 25.5 x 8 -14 / 25.5 x 10 -14 which I assume would swap out exactly for my current 26's. The Swamp Lites come in 27 x 9 - 14 / 27 x 11 - 14. If I go with these tires do I need to do any mods?

Any thoughts/recommendations on either of these tires?
Thanks,
Brad

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
If the majority of your riding isn't in deep mud bogs, you really can't beat the Rockers. I haven't had mine in deep mud, just going off of what I've heard. I haven't seen a tire that can match them in any other conditions.

·
Registered
219 Posts
We ride in a lot of deep mud that doesn't have a bottom, in the lake bottoms. And an 850xp has the rockers in 25.5" and he does good in the mud. But yes they are excellent in everything else also.

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
The 26.5" Rockers measure just a touch under 27" and fit fine. They don't come close to rubbing anywhere. 9" in front, 11" in rear.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Hello All,

I'm upgrading my stock tires and can't decide on either the Pit Bull Rockers or the Swamp Lites. The Pit Bulls come in 25.5 x 8 -14 / 25.5 x 10 -14 which I assume would swap out exactly for my current 26's. The Swamp Lites come in 27 x 9 - 14 / 27 x 11 - 14. If I go with these tires do I need to do any mods?

Any thoughts/recommendations on either of these tires?
Thanks,
Brad

These two tires were my exact choice..I really wanted the Pitbull rockers...But @ my local store they were almost $900...so I opted for the SL @ $460....but they are wearing fast like others said and I kinda expected to only get 2 or 3 seasons out of them...My next set of tires will be the Pitbulls for sure...

I have the 550 with 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 SL on stock steel rims with no issues of clearance..I will say the SL are pretty tough tho for going throw the woods..not a flat yet!...good in mild mud but not the thick skeg(SL turn into donuts)they seem to just dig down so as long as you hit bottom before you bottom out your good....and the guy riding behind you will not be happy because they are rock slingers..

I'm happy with them for the price but if you can get the Pitbulls that's what I would do....

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1 for the Rockers. I have finally worn the cups off my center lugs after 1000miles on them. Awesome tough tire if you do anything other than mud.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have 400 miles on a set of Pit Bull Rockers that I used out at Brimstone Tenn and Hatfield McCoy WV on a 850xp and they look like new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts