Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out another way to get the drive clutch off if you don't have the special tool listed in the svc man?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Google how to make a primary clutch puller for an 850. I bought mine but some people have done instructions on making them. Can use the search function on here as well...

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
You can do it with a 3/4" fin thread bolt and grease. Fill the hole with grease, Teflon tape the bolt and thread it in and tighten it up till it pops off. Makes a big greasy mess and you have to clean it all up really good before you put it back on. I'm working on a line of puller that aren't $55. I have a couple I can get out for $30 right now. There are only 2 pullers for Polaris ATVs so they cover a broad range of machines. And the old one also covers about 25 years of snowmobiles too.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Too note if you are going to remove the clutch. The stock main bolt is LEFT hand thread so turn it clockwise to remove it and counter clockwise to tighten it. You really don't want to get that wrong and snap it off. To reinstall, torque to 47 Ft/lb. The pullers are right hand thread so you tighten and loosen like normal.

·
Registered
102 Posts
A 2011 is a new machine so if you are taking the clutch off to mod something you will want the tool regardless, it covers tons of models. Takes tons of time out of the job and its easy as pie. By the time you drive around to get the material to make shift one and time to sit and do it, it can be mailed out and you are hassle free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts