Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Sportsman 850 XP on 27" swamplites with 14" SS212 wheels. I dont have a lift or axles and want to know intelligent opinions on 28" mega mayhems or 30" monster mayhems. I ride in mud and trail as well as some concrete to get to trails. Will the 30" be too hard on the axles even though they dont weight that much.

Mega Mayhem
28x11 - 33.5 lbs
28x9 - 30 lbs

Monster Mayhem
30x10 - 40 lbs
30x9 -38 lbs

:werd:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang BSUTTON, I have hade my 27 for 2 years and no axle breakage and I beat the shit out of it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had 27" zillas on mine and broke both front axles backing up so be easy on the throttle!!

2013 850ho
WOW !!! I was just thinking about putting Zillas on my bike, but now I'm a little worried. Can you give more details on what happened?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I pulled into a mud hole that was about 3/4 of the way up the tire and still had 15' to go and decided I'd back out. I DID NOT even push the override button wiggled alittle and pop then 1 sec later pop again!! Yes I was very surprised Bc I wasn't even hard on it like I had been before!!

2013 850ho

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time to upgrade to rhino or turner. Ebay sell heavy duty for $215

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet, how long have you had them. What did you pay

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for the quick response bsutton.5.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have a 2011 Sportsman 850 XP on 27" swamplites with 14" SS212 wheels. I dont have a lift or axles and want to know intelligent opinions on 28" mega mayhems or 30" monster mayhems. I ride in mud and trail as well as some concrete to get to trails. Will the 30" be too hard on the axles even though they dont weight that much.

Mega Mayhem
28x11 - 33.5 lbs
28x9 - 30 lbs

Monster Mayhem
30x10 - 40 lbs
30x9 -38 lbs

:werd:
I had 27" Swamplites then went with 28" Mega Mayhems. They fit perfect, I think if you go 30" you will have to do some trimming or a lift.

Knock on wood,I'm still on my stock axles and like to mud any chance I get on the trails. When your stuck,your stuck. I don't try and pin it to win it, that's why I bought a winch.:veryhappy:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
This ^^. If you do any trails, you should go with the mega mayhems. Keep in mind tho, they do tend to run a bit short.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WKNDWARRIOR - any pics? thanks for the info

·
Registered
399 Posts
WKNDWARRIOR - any pics? thanks for the info
Ya, got one on my phone. If you want a close up I can do it later tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I had 27" zillas on mine and broke both front axles backing up so be easy on the throttle!!

2013 850ho
That is interesting, I have heard of guys front diff or ADC breaking in reverse over a couple axles, but I suppose an axle (or 2) are cheaper than a front diff.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

2013 850ho
That is interesting, I have heard of guys front diff or ADC breaking in reverse over a couple axles, but I suppose an axle (or 2) are cheaper than a front diff.
They where replaced under warranty so it was ok!! I've got 30" backs on it now so if something breaks now at least I know for sure the reasoning lol

2013 850ho

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The 30" backs fit without a lift?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The backs that much better than the zilla?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts