Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard about an engine recall for the 2011 850xp, ive been reading on a few different sites and some have reported taking the bike back for major engine work, i cant contact my dealer here from work but was checking with others to see if you heard anything, been reading about alot of engine failure with this year too.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I haven't heard anything, but curious what it's about.

12 850EPS

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like it would be more of TSB than a product recall. The only recall I have seen is for the '09-'10's.

There is a posting about a few TSBs over on this Ranger site.
yeah it is a tsb, ill try and get the number but its about replacing cam shafts and valves etc, major work, not sure if its just certain vin numbers or not, but i guess polaris was sopposed to stop selling the 2011's when this came out and fix them, not sure yet though. still looking.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i just got off the phone with my girl friends brother who just lost the engine on his 2011 850 xp, the timing is pretty weird because i just posted this thread last week but he said he was just driving down a dirt road with his daughter on the back and the bike started bucking and then just stalled, motor cratered, the dealer never got into it yet but tolfd him it will most likly be a full rebulid, the bike was a left over and he keeps it in a heated garage and said there is less than 450kms on it, said he never beat it but rides it fast on fire roads and open fields. The dealer i called also said they have never heard of any problems or the tsb number i gave him, might have to start looking at another machine or at least another dealer.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well i just got off the phone with my girl friends brother who just lost the engine on his 2011 850 xp, the timing is pretty weird because i just posted this thread last week but he said he was just driving down a dirt road with his daughter on the back and the bike started bucking and then just stalled, motor cratered, the dealer never got into it yet but tolfd him it will most likly be a full rebulid, the bike was a left over and he keeps it in a heated garage and said there is less than 450kms on it, said he never beat it but rides it fast on fire roads and open fields. The dealer i called also said they have never heard of any problems or the tsb number i gave him, might have to start looking at another machine or at least another dealer.
he should just have the engine rebuilt, under warranty or not. the 850 looks to be a very solid engine, even when beat or riden fast for long periods

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he should just have the engine rebuilt, under warranty or not. the 850 looks to be a very solid engine, even when beat or riden fast for long periods
he is having it rebuilt, just not to pleased about it and there is no warranty left on his machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts