3500 lb winch
Wild boar radiator relocate
All work done by lonestar Atv performance
$11000 obo

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
i thought these prices were pretty good but now im starting to wonder!
Well...I am not in the market right now...but if I was, the mods, though they may attract the younger generation, would be a turn off to us older folks. I have no idea what the mods are worth, or if the price is good or bad. So not judging that. But when I see a bike set up like that, I picture one that has been totally submerged in water. I also drive past bikes set up like that on the trails and river sand flats here on my 300. They don't seem too move to fast (not that I am a speed demon or anything).

Sean

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
You would be better pulling your upgrades and selling them separately....its a total pain in the ass but its prolly the only way you will get your asking prices.

Its a buyers market at the moment and that is whats going to kill you on prices, also the fact that a new leftover 2012 850 xp can be had for around $8000 isnt helping either.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i thought these prices were pretty good but now im starting to wonder!
Well...I am not in the market right now...but if I was, the mods, though they may attract the younger generation, would be a turn off to us older folks. I have no idea what the mods are worth, or if the price is good or bad. So not judging that. But when I see a bike set up like that, I picture one that has been totally submerged in water. I also drive past bikes set up like that on the trails and river sand flats here on my 300. They don't seem too move to fast (not that I am a speed demon or anything).

Sean
I agree completely. Its no different that a lifted and modified Jeep. First thing you think is, 'What kind of carnage has that endured.'

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thanks for the negativity guys that should help me sell them!

these bikes have never been underwater and if you see them in person you would know that they are immaculate.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Trust me man, were not trying to be negative...were just trying to give some perspective as to why your bikes are not selling. Your bikes are probably mint, but everybody sees the big tires and snorkels and thinks the worst...every video on youtube of big modded bikes like yours are being abused and put into situations "MOST" people would not dare to put their bikes in so people will think yours have spent most of the time underwater or in deep mud.

They are both very nice bikes and we are not taking anything away from that....its just the people that frequent the forums see this a lot with people selling heavily modded bikes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got bit that way on a Jeep once. I built that thing to conquer Moab, then drove it pick up kids and get groceries. It's hard to convince that buyer that you babied the machine when its got a lot of mods. Just the nature of what these things are.

As stated above, Im sure your machines are awesome. You'll just have to find 'that guy' thats looking for what you're offering. You've got a somewhat specific buyer.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Good looking machines. I would not hesitate to buy one of these atv's if I was in the market. There are a lot of people stating that they wouldn't because they automatically assume it has been abused because of the mods. It is usually the opposite though. A person that spends $4,000 to $6,000 just in modifications is going to take care of their machine. I don't know how many posts I see on this forum with people asking why their atv is running like crap, or why the 4x4 doesn't work, just to find out that they have performed ZERO basic maintenance on their machine. I would be willing to bet there isn't a person on here that keeps up with their atv as good as a mud/water rider does. After every mud/water ride, I change ALL fluids, grease all the zerks, add stabil to the fuel tank, and wash and wax. Anyway, hope this wasn't a hijak, and good luck with the sale! You might want to post it on the Highlifter forum if you havn't done so already.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
A person that spends $4,000 to $6,000 just in modifications is going to take care of their machine. I don't know how many posts I see on this forum with people asking why their atv is running like crap, or why the 4x4 doesn't work, just to find out that they have performed ZERO basic maintenance on their machine. I would be willing to bet there isn't a person on here that keeps up with their atv as good as a mud/water rider does.
I couldn't agree with you more man, well said!

To the OP, those machines are awesome and if you had all that work done at the shop I am sure you have taken good care of them. I also feel your prices as well as your attitude are reasonable.

Not sure if you're on facebook, but one of the mud riders here (southernmudjunkie) started a great private group called the "southern polaris riders". Lots of mud machines coming and going there. You may have more luck there than on this forum as it seems there aren't too many mudders here. Good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
With the lift upgrades, did you change axles and/ or CV joints?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts