Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, as a noob with my first Polaris I just wanted to give a shout out. First props to Darren who hooked me up with pdf manuals. I got my big boss used about 4 months ago and didn't run it much before I bought it. I get to use it every month or two. As with my motorcycle forums, when I think I have something worth sharing I do ....
Getting used to the bike and all its sounds, I noticed that it was sputtering was getting worse. Did some reading about the previous years fuel pump issues and thought that might be it. also wanted to look into the warm fuel issue, clogged vent lines. So after running for a while I determined that the sputtering was worse at low rpm, sometimes even stalled or was hard to start. reverse for some reason was worse. venting the tank made no difference. was the same warm or cold. starting was unchanged warm or cold. fresh fuel made no difference. seafoam made no difference. spark plugs made no difference. didn't get a chance to do the inline fuel filter (not sure whether that is factory or PO installed). and ... smells like it is running rich. Well I was getting pretty disgusted that I just bought this relatively new machine and I'm having so much trouble.
So I read the codes off the cluster. 22, 51, 52, 27. Seems that there is a ground issue somewhere to injectors and or TBPS. Never found code for 27? Anyway the solution to my problem was a worn wire grounding out to the frame. On the right side under the seat, the TBPS wire was worn 1/4" through the orange wire just upstream of the connector plug in the 1/2" area the wires are not protected by the plastic cover. Covered them with electrical tape. runs perfect now. big smile. hope it helps someone else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts