Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am brand new to this site so first off I would like to say Hello to all First.

Now I guess down to the meat and potatos of it all.

I have a 2011 polaris 550 x2 with efi.

My fan stopped working so I started to try to problem solve it but ran out of ideas. I tested the fan to see if that was the culprit but i wasn't it works if I use jumper wires.

Is there another solution you can all help me with?

I am looking at a sensor and if so where abouts would it be on my quad or is it worst case scenario and I might have to look at the ecu?

Thanks all in advance.

Curtis

·
Registered
679 Posts
Greetings! Best thing you can do is download the service manual for your machine. They can be found on this forum for free.
A couple of things to check: fan relay, temp sensor and there is a circuit breaker within the wire loom next the battery (at least on my 550 it is).
I had the same issue once. It was the circuit breaker.

·
Registered
575 Posts
The sensor is in the thermostat housing, left side of the engine where the upper radiator hose connects. There is also a relay in the fuse box for the fan, swap it with another one to see if that changes anything. There is a 10 amp circuit breaker in the harness next to the fuse box too, see if you have power going through it to the fuse box.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been struggling with the same issue on my 2014 400 sportsman. I jumpered the relay contacts for the fan but the circuit still lost voltage. I traced back to the fan circuit breaker next to the battery. I've replaced it but haven't been back to the trail for a long ride to see if the problem is corrected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks all I will give it a shot here in the morning and I'll see what I can find out and hopefully it isn't to major. Thanks for the info and I'll let you all know what the cause was here as soon as I get er working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the help. All the help was much appreciated on my end here. I got er working. It was a relay so I swapped it out and it works. As well I found a whole lot of snow and ice in the fan as well so I cleaned that up so as that wouldn't cause a problem as well.

This website has lots of useful information as well and I am glad I joined. As a newcomer to atv'ing and since I need one for the country I'll be sure to adding more posts here on things I learn to share to others and to rely on as well.

Thanks again

Curtis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts