Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Polaris Ranger 400. I want to know if I can put a Engine Braking System (EBS) on my Ranger. I read on the internet that the EBS on the 2007 Polaris Sportsman 450 EBS might work since the engine on the Sportsman is a 455 cc and the engine on my Ranger is a 455 cc.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I thought they had it, if not thjen you wil need both clutches and a belt off of one that has ebs 455-500 600-800should all work if you get both

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2011 Polaris Ranger 400 EBS

Thanks for the info and Thanks for the welcome. I am working with my local Polaris dealer to see if I can get them to install the EBS.

John

·
Registered
188 Posts
Instead of going through with all that, I would see what the cost would be to upgrade to a 500. They make it in the midsize and it comes ready with everything you will need. You can probably get away with selling the 400 for what you paid minus the sales tax... Just an idea...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2011 polaris ranger 400 ebs

Well I talked to the dealership today and they indicated Polaris does not make a EBS for my unit. They indicated the next unit that would hold a utv back when going downhill was the Ranger 800, but it too does not have a EBS. I might have to upgrade to the 800. Does anybody know if the 800 will hold me back like the guy at the dealership said?

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
not much of a dealer if they didnt tell you you could buy the clutches to make yours have ebs, If you want tio do it I would buy both clutches and a belt off of an 08 and up 800 sportsman, put them on your ranger, it would be a good upgrade, probably find the clutches on e-bay

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
That's all there is to EBS. It's nothing more, with the littlest bit of handiness, some basic tools and one 30$ primairy removal tool, I'm certain you could do this yourself at home.

Go over to utube and search polaris sportsman clutches or belt replacement. There are a number of clips showing what's involved. It really is pure simplicity. Pull the cover. Less than ten 8pm bolts unbolt primary. Incert removal tool remove primary. Unbolt and remove secondary. Pull both as unit with belt too. Replace and torque with belt bolt cover back on DONE!!

CW
CW

·
Registered
1 Posts
EBS Clutch Kit for 2011 Ranger 400-500

Looking for feedback if some one has successfully installed the 2008 Sportsman 800 EBS/Clutch kit in a 2011 Ranger 500 (or does it even fit). I have looked at part numbers and not found anything interchanging other than the belt and cover unless its just because the EBS was not offered for the 500 Ranger or I missed something. I assume if the belts are the same size then the clutch pulley diameters must be the same? Maybe where the clutches bolt on or the shafts are different or off set different? I have the 3 year warranty and would like to stay with Polaris parts or would otherwise consider aftermarket. I plan to keep mine stock and go no bigger than 26" tires. My 300 Hawkeye with EBS works great even after putting on 25" tires. I really like the Ranger 500, just like it better if I can put EBS in it.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts