Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone new to the forum, just got a 2011 500 and as a first quad im trying to figure out where everything is, alittle different than sleds, i was just wondering if its possible to get the plug off without removing the gastank and using the stock toolkit wrenches. I put the socket beside the plug cap and it jsut almost touches the tank but its not actually on the plug. is it possible to remove the plug with the toolkit socket and ratchet piece without removing the tank? thanks in advance

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think if you take off the right side panel you can get in there with the stock tools provided. It's tight but can be done. Just make sure you blow out the dirt before you take out the plug.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Don't know about the tool kit socket, but I use a regular automotive spark plug socket and it fits just fine with the tank on; just remember to shoot some compressed air into the spark plug recess, to blow out any dirt or foreign objects, before removing the spark plug, or it may fall into the cylinder and cause damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts