Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

The 2011 Polaris Sportsman X2 850 LE is the most versatile ATV on the planet. The perfect utility ATV in rear-cargo mode and touring ATV in 2-Up mode. New:

$10,499 US MSRP

Key features are:
•Big Bore 850 Twin Engine
•1-Up & 2-Up Versatility In Seconds
•On-Demand True All-Wheel Drive (AWD) With Versatrac Turf Mode
•Anti-Kickback Steering

·
Registered
24 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that they would be available in Sept, but since you posted that question in september then i must be wrong. either way, i want one of these, and i had a couple of questions about it.
1) Is it worth spending the extra money on the 850 as compared to the 550?
2) I have never actually bought an ATV from a dealer before so I dont know if it is worth the MSRP. So to anyone who has bought from a dealer, can they be talked down, and if so, what is a good asking price for the 850 x2

·
Registered
841 Posts
They have been available. I own an 850XP and love it. I have never ridden the 550 but have ridden 500 class machines. While 70HP is not for everyone..I just wont ride anything less powerful I love it. as far as pricing.. it reallllly does depend on the dealer. I would buy it for 9,800 and not much more. If they wont do much on the price get them to help you out on accessories (winch,bumper,even first oil change)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well Polaris finally solved the problem. I picked up the 850 yesterday and rode 15 miles before I cut a tire and there was no oil in the air breather box. Today I rode 120 miles of rough trails and a little high speed dirt road. No oil in the air breather box. Polaris actually sent the dealer a prototype of a fix they are putting into production. It is simple. They remove the PCV and replace with an open large hose with a neckdown to the original hose. This lets any oil that blows by the labyrinth plate accumulate in the large hose and then run back down into the valve cover. The service manager contacted Dean Headland with Polaris Tech R & D to get the fix. The don’t have part number yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Had my 850X2 now almost a month. Just finished installing a 3000 winch on it. Unbelievable power. Can't wait to play in the mud with it.:AR15firing:

·
Registered
217 Posts
You shouldn't unless you have a serious problem with the valve cover gasket. As far as I can tell the felt is useless and just causes oil to get sucked up into the air box once the felt is saturated in oil.

From the action on this forum you can feel safe that hundreds of people have used this fix (including me) without a problem. :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts