Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear the front and back body and racks and fenders vibrating and making noise when reving the machine up. Everything seems tight. Is this normal? Anyone else notice this? Mine has less than 30 miles on it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the same ATV. I have about 120KM on mine now. I can hear my fenders vibrating too. I think it's normal for the newer bikes with so much plastic on them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't notice it so much riding, just sitting still. I guess no biggie. Thanks!

·
Registered
765 Posts
how do you like your 400 HO?

·
Registered
765 Posts
glad to hear you like it. i almost bought my wife a 400HO in the smaller hawkeye platform. glad i didn't. its good to see the 400 a bigger machine. i bet you have a lot of snow up there. how cold is it today?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is my first atv. I did have a motorcycle. It is a good beginner machine for me. Glad I have the 4x4 but try not to use it no more than I have too. Had mine about a month now. Been pretty cold here plus working alot to ride it. I have to haul it to ride it. Friend has 180 acres about an hour away and another place that is closer has trails and charges $10 per machine to ride. Bring on the warm weather for sure. Oh, a mecanic at work told me to make sure the muffller is tight and not vibrating.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Don't know what it might be on the new models, but from 05-10, it's common for the back rack to vibrate against the fenders. A little bead of silicon on the bottom of the rack is a quick fix. Might work on yours too if you can find where it's vibrating at.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
My 05 500HO vibrates when you rev in neutral and also when you are riding,I've tried to find where it is but haven't yet, I think it is something a person has to live with.Cold weather makes it worst.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will try to check into that Razorback. Been so cold here recently, hate to spend time in the garage.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Talked to dealer service guy today and he said it sounds like a typical noise on most. He said when in neutral it will be the worst as no load on the motor then. He said some have tried camper shell mounting type tape, etc to eliminate rattling, but not much you can do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts