Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good day all,
I have a 2011 x2 with very low miles, it will only click as I try to start, i replaced the battery and metered the solenoid at 12 volts, i think i need to repair the starter? also are there any how to videos/documents on removing the starter? When i tested the solenoid I was not trying to crank engine, is this necessary?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Why not begin at the beginning. Put a meter on the hot lug on the starter motor and see if you have power there while turning and holding the key on. If you do then you need to pull the starter. If you don't, then check the solenoid the same way (both sides).

Chances are that the brushes are stuck in the starter but do this first so you don't waste a bunch of time.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just like InRBigness has pointed out.

Check to make sure your solenoid is working and if it is you may have a sticky starter. I had a similar problem on my 2011 850 X2. It wouldn't crank over even when I had it jump started. I ended up putting a new battery in it and it worked like a champ.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If all you got from a brand new battery was 12 volts, you got a bad battery. Should be 12.5+. Probably 12.8sh for a new fully charged battery.

Try jump starting it. If still nothing, try appying 12 volts directly to the starter.

Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts