Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had troubles with my 800 sportsman since the day I bought it. If it isn't the speed sensor it's the instrument cluster. What has kept me with the polaris is that, when running right, it will run circles around the Grizzly's and Arctic Cats I ride with. My issue I am faced with now is with the battery. I just replaced it a month ago and hadn't started it since (extremely cold and not on my tender). After I hooked it back to the tender and let it get a good charge (showing 13.5) I turn the key and nothing. Normally I see the instrument cluster come on but now...nothing? I am ok at tearing these things down but not an expert so any advice anyone can give I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
11,473 Posts
Sounds like u have some harness issues. What solved the initial electrical problems?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Maybe some simple corrosion on the battery lines. My John Deere tractor is notorious for it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
May have blown a fuse while u were Installing the new battery.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am going to check the fuses tomorrow evening and see if that gets me anywhere. BP, the first time it was under warranty but the dealership said it was "faulty wiring" from the cluster?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for the info! It was the main fuse that was blown. I changed it and the "ol girl" fired right up. Appreciate everyone's support.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sometimes its the most simple thing. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
Glad it was easy. And another reminder to all of us to carry some extra fuses when out and about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts