Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new touring it only had about 12hrs on it now and I have a rattle in the touring seat, it rocks from side to side. I looked at the front pivot point and doesn’t look to be made for bushing. It has a bolt going thru a piece of pipe and that’s all that there is. Has anyone else had this problem with there’s.
Thanks
Derek

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
WELCOME!!
One of our member friends in Portugal reciently had this problem with his too... IIRC he found a thinner washer in the latch cured this... Try a search for seat rattles or similar terminology.

CW

·
Registered
668 Posts
The rear seat went left and right too much on my 11 550 touring also. Make sure the front bolt is not loose and zip tie the back part of the frame the seat attaches too. I zip tied it on both sides with two on each side. No more left and right play in the seat. Cheap fix, at the time I did not know about the washer fix.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The rear seat went left and right too much on my 11 550 touring also. Make sure the front bolt is not loose and zip tie the back part of the frame the seat attaches too. I zip tied it on both sides with two on each side. No more left and right play in the seat. Cheap fix, at the time I did not know about the washer fix.
Yes, that way you've erased rear shock usage. I mean the only way for their ideia to work with seat suspension, is to have two rear shocks. Having one in the middle, it has to play side-to-side. I'm seriosly thinking of doing something to stop the rear shock and support the seat in two side points in the back, instead of one in the middle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts