Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently purchase 26' tires for my quad and thought I wouldn't need to lift it... Turns out I do. Does anyone know ,,, Do I have to buy longer axles ? and Change a-arms? :unknw:
Boy I screwed that up ,,, , I was thinking of the size I took off and typed that in instead. Truly sry. What I meant was,, I just bought 27x10x14 on the bk and 27x9x14 frt. When I hit a good bump or jump they bottom out .. Any Idea on what it takes to lift it ?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I am assuming you meant 26" inch not 26' foot. LOL

You should not need a lift for 26" tires on a sportsman 850 xp...escpecially considering that is the height that comes stock on this model.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Boy I screwed that up ,,, Your right not 26 foot, I was thinking of the size I took off and typed that in instead. Truly sry. What I meant was,, I just bought 27x10x14 on the bk and 27x9x14 frt. When I hit a good bump or jump they bottom out .. Any Idea on what it takes to lift it ?
Strange, I run the same size on my 2011 550 without any issues,my buddy runs 28's on his 2011 850 without issue.

rubberdown customs - atv lift kits for Can Am Outlander and Renegade X , Do it your self installation instructions, front and back kits

rubberdown customs - atv lift kits for Artic Cat Lift kits , Do it your self installation instructions, front and back kits

·
Registered
460 Posts
Wonder If I just need to stiffen up the shocks ?
I would try that first.

Also, are you running factory rims? I have heard a lot of people having issues with the offset of Aftermarket wheels, but that causes clearance issues width wise not so much height...like rubbing the rear swaybar, etc.

What brand and model are the tires?

No need to apologize! It's all good. I wasn't trying to be a wise ass at all, just didn't understand what you were asking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no rubbing on my turns at all ... That's fine .. Just when I hit a good rutt, bump , hole , I hear a little rubbing

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm Bottoming out ...
Try adjusting the preload on the shocks before messing with a lift...They should fit just fine without a lift, especially if you are running stock wheels.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure like the Stealth look ,, I should of good one ...lol Looked into buying new Plastics to turn mine from Pearl white to Stealth Black ,,, But they wanted little over 1300... Maybe next year ,,lol

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sure like the Stealth look ,, I should of good one ...lol Looked into buying new Plastics to turn mine from Pearl white to Stealth Black ,,, But they wanted little over 1300... Maybe next year ,,lol
Thanks, I like the pearl white too!!!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
did you try the adjustement? i adjusted mine all the way up, just caus ei like the ride better, but i also gained about 3/4" of clearence up top, should clear the 27's as you have 1/2" more up tire on the top.

did you buy a clutch kit?

let us know how you make out, im considering 27's for my Touring when the stock maxxis ones are done.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I did not have a chance to try adjustment yet but will this evening ,,, Big bosses here at work 2day and i've got to stay busy,,lol. lol.
I also did not touch the clutch kit,, Do I have too ?

·
Registered
460 Posts
No, I did not have a chance to try adjustment yet but will this evening ,,, Big bosses here at work 2day and i've got to stay busy,,lol. lol.
I also did not touch the clutch kit,, Do I have too ?
Some will say you need a clutch kit, some will say you don't.

In my opinion for 27" mudlites, I would say no...just pay attention and use low range when you are goin slow, pulling anything, or going up a long steep hill.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm glad I was able to offer my advice. Have fun and be safe.

Please give us an update after you adjust the preload.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am just stopping in , Haven't had a chance to do anything to the bike yet and just wanted to let ya know I haven't forgot .. . Will get to it this weekend .. B4 football .lol

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ok, sounds good! Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seems to of help a good bit, Still got a little rub when coming down hard . But other than that . Awesome ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts