Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 Sposrtsman 800 Water/Fuel In Air Box

So I checked my air filter today when installing my new primary spring and my air box has fuel in it???? The air filter appears to be dry but there was a small amount of fuel somehow? My question is how does fuel get into the air box on an EFI?

I am running this bike in very cold weather -20 Degrees Celsius and below but this is the first year I see and smell fuel in the air box.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So here we are a year later and I still see water mix with a very small amount of gas in the air box. Today I changed my stock filter with an outerwear prefilter over to a Uni Foam Filter and had to dry the bottom of the air box out. Now mind you we are still in 0 to -15 degree temps here in Northern Ontario. I ran the bike for 10 min around town came back and saw that more water had accumulated.

While running the bike I can see that it is coming from the line at the top of the air box that goes to the top of the Cylinder head Breather

Is this normal for a bike to make that much condensation? Now mind you the bike will sit for 2 weeks sitting outside in these temps before I ride with it, so I'm thinking in these cold climates this might happen?

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
860 Posts
normal ,go to you vehicle and remove the oil fill cap 90% of the times it white ....from oil and condensation. this time of year its hard to get rid of, best thing to do is warm it up before you shut it off ....

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
normal ,go to you vehicle and remove the oil fill cap 90% of the times it white ....from oil and condensation. this time of year its hard to get rid of, best thing to do is warm it up before you shut it off ....
Yeah I think your right, I have noticed the oil is slightly over full now though, Nice color to it though no milky looking. Looks like another oil change, just did one in the fall. Always like to check in with other owners to see if mine is asking the same way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts