Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been looking at the polaris front bumper for my 2013 Sportsman 500 part # 2878669. Local dealer wants $230 plus tax. Found a dealer about 10 hours away that list front bumper number # 287823 for $75. And they have a bunch. Now I spoke to them and apparently its the same bumper with small cosmetic differences but they are telling me it only fits 2011 but they can't tell me why. Does anybody know the difference between 2878239 vs 2878669. The 2013 bumper listings say 2011 to 2013. I didn't think there was any differences in the atvs. But if someone can shine some light as to why this 2011 listed bumper wont fit my 2013 that be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,080 Posts
I have seen two different polaris front bumpers for the value lines. The older style is rounded at the corners and the newer version comes to a point at the upper left and right corners.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I just don't see why the older model bumper wont fit my 2013. The atvs haven't changed from 2011 to 2013 did they ?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
The 2011 didn't have the front cargo area/lid.... the newer bumpers (like mine - don't remember part #'s) use/replace the lid hinge as part of the upper mounting bracket. May work if it only mounts to the lower sides, but not sure..... or the lid may not open all the way?? :dunno: Do you have a link to the two different styles so we can have a "look see"?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a link to them. I did notice a few cosmetic differences when I googled the product numbers. But now that you mentioned that there was no lid/storage on the 2011 it makes sense why it wouldn't fit my 2013. Just wish the dealer would have been able to tell me why instead of bugging people on here lol. Thanks for all the info its very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I think that either one would work. Only difference that I can see is that the 2011 one has more of a squared corner at the ends, and the newer has rounded ends. Maybe the box wont open all the way. I bet it would fit though.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
The storage on 2011 was a removable front box. I bet the 2011 bumper only bolts to the front 4 mounting points, which are on the 2013 with the different lid/storage. I've had both, so I'm fairly confident in my theory.

Got a link to the site selling for $75?

·
Registered
505 Posts
The 2011 has a lid/storage but it is removable. The 2013s have the storage moulded Into the front plastic. There was a thread on here were a guy bought a front brush guard and tried to use the bracket that came with it but ended up using the existing bracket.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info guys. Antoniodef as for the link I found it on a site named Kijiji its a polaris dealer in southern Ontario named Todd Equipment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts