Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
New member here. Looking to pick up a new 2012 550 XP EPS for my wife. She's not a real experienced ATVer and I want her to have the EPS model just to make it easier for her to ride which I'm sure will make it a more enjoyable experience for her. (I ride a Brute Force 650i and that is definitely not a suitable ride for her!) By the way, her sister has one of these 550 EPS models and my wife spent some time riding it and she's totally comfortable with this particular model. After riding the EPS, I think she'll accept nothing less and what mama wants, mama gets, right?
Working on negotiating a price on the new ATV for her now. The best price I've been able to get on the unit is around $7100 which will equate to around $7600 OTD with taxes and registration. The $7100 includes the $200 or so in setup fees. On setup fees, it doesn't seem to matter in my locale. Some dealers are $6900 + $200 setup. Other dealers are $7100, no setup, so they've obviously built it in. The $7100 is as far as I've been able to get them to go either way.
Just wanted to check in and see if anyone else has recently purchased one of these units recently and how this price sounds.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Oregon so I've "heard" that I am probably paying more for ATVs than in the rest of the country, However, in July, I bought an "Extreme Orange", 2012 Sportsman 550, EFI, EPS, XP, Limited Edition for $7,900.00 OUT THE DOOR! The dealership was a couple hours away so I probably spent a hundred bucks in gas for the trip....so $8,000.00! I thought I got a pretty smokin' deal but that's here in Oregon. I thought that the power sterring was going to be "just one more thing to service or break down", but I absolutely love it! I spent eight hours one day last month riding desert trails, lava rocks and sage brush.......no shoulder or back pain at the end of the day!!! Been riding this area for years and usually get pretty beat up in a day. With the power steering I could quickly miss rocks and logs that I would have usually hit head on! Maybe I'm getting soft...but power steering is for me! Oh, check out "Mid Valley Polaris" in Eugene, Oregon, for price comparisons. They will send you a lst of their inventory and their "asking" prices!

·
Registered
964 Posts
That sounds like a good fair deal. With MSRP of $8699 for the ESP model.

OBTW: Might want to ask for 10 or 15% off accessories at time of purchase. That is what I did...and saved even more.:yup:

My wifie is super happy with her 550 XP Touring. So...makes for a fun time on the trail.:hail:

Good luck...and please do post pics.

biz
:biglaugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts