Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get into this little guy, love the model, is it significantly greater than an older model at a lower $ ???

Seems like that's why people buy new and from a dealer, it's just safer and not any hidden issues with destroyed machines by riders.

But I'd love to save 2 to 3 thousand dollars off the new price.

What are all the features that would make a 2012 desirable OVER 2011 and below?

Thanks folks for any help on this purchase!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I can't really speak to any of the changes from last years model to this, however I just left the dealership about 30 minutes ago after riding the 800 and IT WAS A BEAST! Deff liked the way it felt under throttle and suspension wasn't too bad. It wasn't quite as firm as the XP series but for the price difference I'm fine with it. $7300 OTD

·
Registered
348 Posts
It's basically the same as the 500 model just bigger motor. Same goes for the 550xp and 850xp.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have both the value series and an xp (both 2012 models). The value series has a softer seat and a more plush, comfortable riding suspension. The first thing that I told my salesman was that if polaris optioned the power steering on the value series than they would never sell an xp again. Not that I have to have the power steering myself (it is nice though) but some think its the greatest thing and wouldnt by a bike without it. The value series rides like a cadillac while the xp series rides like a firm high performance sports car. Its what ur looking for I suppose

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, after looking at the value models I pulled the trigger on a new 2012 bronze 550 EPS for the wife. It's on the way to me from Nebraska and I think she wiil love it.
She's on the scrawny side so EPS should really help.

BTW, I saved a ton on the $ from Chadron, NE over Colorado, guess the dealers in CO just have too many buyers? or are jerks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I completely agree. I have been very surprised how much I can save by going out of state for a Polaris. Without doubt, the market in Colorado is much more pricey than other places. I sent you a PM to ask you about the particulars of your purchase as I am in Colorado and am currently looking for a 550 as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts