Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

It appears that the black screw on the top of my son's Phoenix 200 cam-chain tensioner came off on the weekend. Oil splattered everywhere, but otherwise all seems OK. I've ordered a new part but I need to know how to install it and I can't find any info on this or any other forum. Can anyone help with either a description of the installation and adjustment of the cam-chain tensioner or a service manual? I tried downloading a PDF of the service manual and simply lost $26.99 :(

Cheers

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
There is 2 screws that hold the cam chain tensioner to the back of the cylinder and 1 screw that simply caps the access to the tensioner release mechanism

#8 x 2 - 6 mm x about 20 mm
#10 x1 - 6mm x about 10 mm large flange head and #9 o-ring seal

Installation = insert and tighten to 84 inch pounds

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up ordering both the tensioner and the screw and o-ring (as well as a oil change kit). It wasn't much so I'll have some spares. :)
Is this common (ie the cap coming out)? I've had the bike since new and this is the only thing that's ever gone wrong with it. Super reliable (for me anyway). My second child has inherited it now and I'm hoping to get a few more years out of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts