Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at the polaris dealer with my father he was looking for a new ranger and I happen to to see the new Sportsman 570 on the floor. Yea I really like that atv. 44 hp in the same frame as my 400 ho with efi for 6499. I was asking about trade in and he said he would take mine in as trade but never said how much he would give. I advertised my 400 ho for sale for $4500 and I have a guy interested in buying it. Is this a good deal for me selling it for 4500 or would I be better off trading it in, in other words will i get more for it in trade in? It is a 2012 sportsman 400 ho with 97hrs and 760 miles. Has a polaris 2500 lbs winch.

·
Registered
422 Posts
From my past experience, your almost always better selling private than trading it

·
Registered
422 Posts
Absolutely.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Per KBB, trade in value on your 400 (good condition) is $3015. Private sale in excellent condition is $4300. Sell it privately

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you think of the 570? think it would be that much better then my 400 ho? I know 29hp vs 44hp would be huge

·
Registered
422 Posts
Not having ever ridden a 400, I can't give you an accurate comparison, but I can say, I doubt you'll be dissappointed. Very happy with mine so far.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
have you rode the 500 sportsman? How much better is it you think? salesman said the trans is stronger and is more direct drive so it feels sportier then the 500/400 sportsmans clutch trans setup. He said polaris wants all "in house" engines from now on in there line up as well. And are phasing the Fuji engines out.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've only rode 1 SP500 and it's been years since. I can say, the for the 570 being 700lbs and being a 4x4, it sure feels more nimble than it would seem. The engine pulls pretty good right off the bottom.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Typical salesman talk, cant get anymore direct than it was...
have you rode the 500 sportsman? How much better is it you think? salesman said the trans is stronger and is more direct drive so it feels sportier then the 500/400 sportsmans clutch trans setup. He said polaris wants all "in house" engines from now on in there line up as well. And are phasing the Fuji engines out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Typical salesman talk, cant get anymore direct than it was...
Yea lol, I am not sure what he means by that to be honest? Anybody have a clue? Are the trans and cvt different on the 570?

·
Registered
805 Posts
No, The clutches and trans are the same set up. The trans case is slightly different at the front due to it connecting in one spot to the engine but other than that its all the same.

·
Registered
301 Posts
IMO the 400 is very underpowered and might be a regret

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I liked my 400. It was perfectly fine when i was solo riding.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I rode both 500 ho and 400 ho couldn't really tell a difference felt like the same machine. Think I will hold onto to it for a while and wait to see how well the 570 does. I think the 400 ho has plenty of power for a 400.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I rode both 500 ho and 400 ho couldn't really tell a difference felt like the same machine. Think I will hold onto to it for a while and wait to see how well the 570 does. I think the 400 ho has plenty of power for a 400.
longer you wait less it's worth, it's winter in Vt snowmbile time, $4500 it isnt even worth close to that, last year I had a brand new 500 a person won for $4500 cash

You clowns that ride for a year and expect to get all your money back piss me off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts