Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the idle adjustment cable because it's leaking gas. Assume their will be some adjustment in the replacement process. Very expensive part.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
What the hell are you talking about? There is no idle cable and cables do not leak gas! You will be money ahead to take it to a knowledgeable mechanic and get the problem fixed without buying parts that are probably not needed. Harley's have an idle cable, but it has nothing to do with idle - it's just a name they give it. Honda's have a 'push' cable, but in operation it pulls. It just a nomenclature the college educated idiots give it so they know what they are talking about, but they don't speak the same language as the layman or tradesman.

·
9,855 Posts
I would guess you're talking about the idle adjustment cable #23
It CAN'T leak fuel since there is no fuel anywhere around it. All it does is push on the throttle shaft when screwed in to raise or lower the idle speed. They are very expensive to replace when they fail but that is definitely NOT the problem if your carb is leaking gas.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
My apology - I guess that is an idle cable - I never called it that - in my neighborhood we call it a flexible idle speed adjuster

That's outrageous - that adjuster is $15 from Mikuni, but it is not the source of the leak

1 - 5 of 5 Posts