Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im just wondering if anyone has done there own snorkel kit for the 2012 sportsman 500 ho. Just need to know what all needs to be vented. I know the airbox, carbs atmospheric vent, oil tank vent, and the cvt intake and exhaust.
- Is there anything else i need to vent?
- Also wondering how hot the cvt exhaust gets and will i need high temp flex hose?

NOTE: I will be coming through the front storage box with the snorkels as i dont like the snorkels which come out both fenders. The box will be functional when im done, which ill put up after for anyone else who wants to do this.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Lol, I literally JUST posted a thread a few mins ago. I will be doing the EXACT same thing you are (Bringing through the front box).

I purchased the Rubber down customs air box plate to mount my 2 1.5" PVE Flex to. Ill keep you posted on how it goes this weekend. Cheers bro

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice bike man.. i plan on doing the snorkels, pitbull-growler tires on sti alloy HD all black rims, ill make a custom bumper, and maybe either mod my exhaust or buy the big gun full system. still not sure on that yet. your thread should definitely help though, good idea with the custom airbox fitting. cant wait to see the finished product!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fortunately i work in a large metal shop so making that fitting would take me 15 min and a couple pieces of scrap metal lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ya. I'm jealous. My only connection to a tool shop just quit his job :( Ill keep you posted bro. Gonna be a fun project

·
Registered
139 Posts
Annnddd.... Its dam cold outside today. No chance of me bending hardflex PVC around my frame today. Perhaps tomorrow. Im having an issue with where I want to bring the PVC through my front storage box? There isnt much room underneith with the strut.

·
Registered
205 Posts
easiest way to snorkel is just bring it out right behind the gas cap... shortest and easiest.... may not be the highest though

·
Registered
205 Posts
in front/behind depending on how you look at it..
might be a ball buster if you ride the tank alot....
but i find its the best snorkel set up for me usually have the front end up in water anyways

dm35 has the same set up i believe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what is the flexpipe pvc your using? ive seen a lot of people use flexible pool hose because its strong and good in most temperatures.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ya ball buster is a bad idea since you need 4 pipes coming up. For the flex pipe I wouldn't use pool hose.. It's to weak. What I am using is flex PVC. The hard white/black stuff. It can flex but not kink. And it is fully resistant to heat and shrinkage. Going to
Be a bitch to route it in the
Cold though.... Going to fill a garbage bin with hot water and leave the PVC in there until I'm ready to fit it. Possibly this weekend ill get it going. While the plastics are off I am doing the exhaust mod as well. Give me a few hp boost. Every bit of hp counts for that top end :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ya ball buster is a bad idea since you need 4 pipes coming up. For the flex pipe I wouldn't use pool hose.. It's to weak. What I am using is flex PVC. The hard white/black stuff. It can flex but not kink. And it is fully resistant to heat and shrinkage. Going to
Be a bitch to route it in the
Cold though.... Going to fill a garbage bin with hot water and leave the PVC in there until I'm ready to fit it. Possibly this weekend ill get it going. While the plastics are off I am doing the exhaust mod as well. Give me a few hp boost. Every bit of hp counts for that top end :)
:postpic:

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah go to my forum that I posted above ^^^^

1 - 14 of 14 Posts