Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the issue that I am having. My quad was idling way too high, so I tried adjusting the idle screw and ending up breaking it. So I had to order the replacement screw. When we went to install it we noticed how much dirt and corrosion there is. When we are trying to thread the idle screw in will go in but not enough to touch the metal part. (see picture) How do I fix this? the quad is idling way to high and even idles when we turn the stearing bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the cable is in a bind and/or adjusted too tight up on the handlebars.
we have adjusted the cable by the handle bars. do you think seafoam would help it at all? also that idle screw that is on the carb, it is supposed to be able to move easily?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
A lil penetrating oil on the idle screw and since it's broke and in a tight spot, you should be able to turn it with a pair of needle-nose pliars.
Adjust the throttle cable, so the two contacts touch in the ETC, then readjust until you have a 1/16"-1/8" gap. Adjust idle, recheck ETC air gap.
Could put a thin bead of rtv on the carb. cover, that lil rubber seal always leaks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts