Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in your opinions on a 2012 Sportsman 500 Touring Edition. Will it have enough power to carry 2 adults on trails, through hills, etc.? I like the idea of it being a 2 up machine and the price is right!!!! I just don't want to be disappointed with it being under-powered. Tell me your thoughts --- good, bad, or other.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
The 500 is a very capable machine and it has enough power to do everything you need. Only area it will be lacking is top speed compared to a larger bore.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I just bought my first 4 wheeler and part of my reasoning for my selection comes from my years of snowmobiling. When I ride the 2 up with a light adult, there is a pretty good difference in performance with that second person on. The sled has a lot more power and weighs a lot less. Probably not a totally fair comparison but since I'm going to own the wheeler for a while, I figured I'd go a little bigger. I will almost always be riding 2 up. I also wanted EPS which isn't available on the 500 or even the 570 Touring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts