Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Good news today as Polaris leaks some news on their new 2012 Sportsman Limited Edition!

Sportsman® 550 EPS - Browning® LE

• Photo Realistic Polaris Pursuit® Camo
  • 14" Polaris Pursuit Camo Steel Wheels with Carlisle AT 489 II Tires
  • Electronic Power Steering (EPS)
  • Rear Work Lights
  • Lock & Ride® Gun Scabbard
  • 2500 lb. Winch
  • Rear Rack Extender
  • Hand and Thumb Warmers

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very good news sneak peak did not include the XP series so I'm thinking there is a significant change. Add that with the fact dealers have not been able to order new 2012 XP's is telling me something good is coming.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very good news sneak peak did not include the XP series so I'm thinking there is a significant change. Add that with the fact dealers have not been able to order new 2012 XP's is telling me something good is coming.
I like your thought process :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
The one listed up there is an XP ???

CARB has the 2012 ratings for the 850s and no change in the engines are listed. Not to say they won't offer a XP900 or something that will help them keep up with Jones(CAN-AM).

I just hope they finally offer an 850 X2 with EPS .

·
Registered
145 Posts
maybe I read things wrong, but I didn't notice any real changes. The quad in the pic is an XP and that also corresponds with at I got via email. Hopefully, I am wrong, but I think everything stays the same......

·
Registered
369 Posts
ya, if your a side by side fan you got 900 rzr this year. but for quad fans last year had quite few changes so I have a feeling this year will be somewhat less then special for polaris atvs. I hope I am wrong. With can-am really stirring the pot this year with there new models.

·
Registered
218 Posts
maybe I read things wrong, but I didn't notice any real changes. The quad in the pic is an XP and that also corresponds with at I got via email. Hopefully, I am wrong, but I think everything stays the same......
It's a limited edition Sportsman® 550XP EPS. Still keeping my fingers crossed for a 875 88 hp.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Someone please define XP please. I have a 2011 Sportsman EFI pursuit camo gun scaboard backup light heated everything powerstearing wench2500 front storage box and it's a 550 ??? Thought xp meant extra power don't no.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thats it Extream Perfomance = XP
There are two core version the 550XP and 850XP
The 500,800s are not XPs.

The XPs use the new chassis with the motors mounted sideways in the chassis and they have a-arm front suspensions.

The 500 and 800s use the old chassis, all be it they did get new plastic last year and look more like the XPs that came out in 2008 as 2009 models.

Also only the XP versions of the sportsman line have available power steering, the older chassis models do not have EPS availble.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yep that is correct.

It's not the most effecent for power delivery, from what I have read anyway. But it allows for major improvements in the riding positoin. Note the major width differences in the seating and footwells of the 500 non XP vs the 550 XP.

Personally I like everything about the XPs over the non XPs except maybe the front suspension. I was little partial to the strut design of the older versions or non XPs, but when it comes down to it the EPS feature offered on the XPs far out ways that prefference, and the larger footwells and narrower seat is big comfort benefit as well.

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
As much as I like my XP, I will have to say that I think the seat on the non-XP sportsman models is more comfortable. It is wider and softer and to me, more comfortable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
2011 xp 550 browning

I sat on 3 without touching the ground the 500 the touring and the 550xp the touring was very hard to me the500 was soft but the 550xp was softer and narrower

1 - 15 of 15 Posts