Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last two times I had my machine out it is acting up. At full throttle while climbing a hill or on a straight away it takes off great then as it gets up to speed it will stutter and lose power untill I let off throtle. It idles great and runs great until its pegged. I was only abble to get it up to 45mph at one point wide open. Another time it lost power climbing a hill that my friends 400 went right up. Never had this issue before. Need some help nailing it down. any suggestions or similar issues?
Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far I am changing out the fuel filter and going to test the fuel pump pressure. I will post my findings

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally gave in and took it to the dealer. They did a valve adjustment because I needed one. I have 90 hours on it. They took the carb off adjusted/cleaned it and put a stock air filter back on. They said the vacuum slide in the carb needs a lot of back pressure to work properly and the KnN and Uni filters let to much air thru. It runs great now.I like to fix stuff myself but could not figure this one out. Kinda disappointed I got no input on this thread but no biggie. Cost me $225.00 for everything. Not bad and no more headache.Wanted to close this one out and not leave anyone hanging who might benefit from this. Cheers

·
Registered
422 Posts
Glad you got your quad fixed. I'm the same way, I like to fix all I can and avoid the stealership. Sometimes ya just gotta tap out and raise the white flag. Sucks but at least ya got it running right.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I hate to surrender but Im done stressing over it now. Love your new 570.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts