Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just replaced the CVs in my 2013 on both sides under extended warranty. I also just had to replace the CV on my girlfriend's 2014 on the caliper side which I did myself last night. I have 350 miles on mine, she has about 300. We do mostly semi-rough to smooth trail riding but nothing too extreme. My boots had slight tears so I chalked it up to that. Her boots are perfect.
Are the OEM CVs crap on these machines?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
They are pretty weak for heavy the machine is.

But I would say 95% of axle issues are due to throttle control.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have a 13 and a 14 with over 2000 miles on them and I have not had a cv problem yet. I thought I was having a cv issue a while back but it turned out to be a wheel bearing clicking and snapping. Hopefully I did not just jinx myself!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 13 and a 14 with over 2000 miles on them and I have not had a cv problem yet. I thought I was having a cv issue a while back but it turned out to be a wheel bearing clicking and snapping. Hopefully I did not just jinx myself!!
That sounds more like it. I can't see having to replace CVs every few hundred miles. Good luck with that jinx thing! ;)

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I have 3,000+ miles on my 2012 400ho with no axle issues.

But yes, 2011 - present are known for weak axles.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Same here we have over three thousand miles on both of our 2012 400 with no problems. We have stock size tires and I believe that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts