Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a few questions about the baffle inside. I was wanting cut off the end cap and make a new one to weld back on with a billet tip. does anyone know if the baffle is welded to the end cap.

·
Registered
815 Posts
How loud are you wanting it to be?

·
Registered
572 Posts
had a few questions about the baffle inside. I was wanting cut off the end cap and make a new one to weld back on with a billet tip. does anyone know if the baffle is welded to the end cap.
It is not welding to the case, the baffle is just spot welding to the pipe itself. Break the spot welds and just remove the first baffle. Drill 2" in end cap weld down spout, weld cap back on.

Enjoy the weed eater on steroids :) lol.

I had gutted mine completely and redid all the baffling as to what HMF had done on their pipe. Compared it to a buddy of mine. Mine had a nicer bark to it. Especially at idle.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Gutting these mufflers is a huge mistake. Sounds like crap. A hollow can is basically what your putting back on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks I want to leave the baffle in I just wanted to know if it was attatched to the end cap before I cut the weld. im looking for a little deeper sound and didn't want to spend the money on a slip on pipe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts