Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 28 hours, almost 250 miles on my 13 500 HO. Around 15~20 hours it developed a front end squeak, on the right side I think.
It is only audible when moving at slow speeds, so I'm pretty sure its coming from something attached to the wheel.
I figured it would go away, but it has not yet so I figured I would ask where I should start looking for this.

I grease the A-Arms every few rides, or whenever I get the bike wet so I doubt its that.

I'm an Electronics guy, not much mechanical background but I learn quickly! :D

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Squeaking would be two components rubbing together. I would recommend removing the front right wheel to check the bushings as well as to see if you have debris the the CV boot. Not normal to squeak at this pot. I have the same unit with about the same hours on it, but less miles. You shouldn't have any squeaks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Try greasing the nipples

·
Registered
344 Posts
My 2011 500 tends to get a squeeking noise from the top of the front springs. I have to spray a lube up into that area once in a while. It helps for a while. not sure if this is your problem.:veryhappy:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I get a squeak every year or two on my 700 up front. It is the rubber bushing at top of strut. I usually take the nut off holding strut from top and it will then drop down enough for me to grease everything well up on top. Spraying stuff in there doesn't seem to be through enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts