Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I'm new to the forum and see there are a boat load of threads started and i'm sure my question is most likely buried somewhere within. However to save myself hours of looking here are my questions.

I am looking to upgrade my tires and possibly my wheels. currently riding stock tires front 25 8x12 rear 25 10x12 on steel wheels. I would like to upgrade to any of the following but not sure i can without adding spacers which i do not want to do so if anyone has up'd their tire size and can help me out with any answers and issues if any they have run into.
I would assume adding tire weight from the stock tire would be off set by a lighter wheel if I went that way to replace the stock steel wheels?
If I stick with the same wheels and just up the tire size and ply adding weight I should only loose mph possibly correct?

looking to up size to:

Front 26 9x12 Rear 26 11x12
or
26 10x12 all around

Any help would be great and thanks.
Be safe all

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
361 Posts
With a tire wider than 8" in the front you WILL rub your tie rod ends. To avoid rubbing you can get wheels with a 4+3 offset, 1" wheel spacers or flip the tie rod ends.

·
Registered
319 Posts
9" wide tires will fit up front with the tie rods flipped as said above. To do a 10" you will need to get new rims with an offset.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all new wheels and tires installed last night haven't gotten to ride on them yet, hopefully tomorrow morning after my 15hr overnight shift.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
STI black diamond xtr's 26 9x12 front. 26 10x12 rear radial dot approved tire (couldn't find a bad review) with the ITP series SS212 matte black 4x3 offset. LOOK GREAT on the atv. Bought them through rocky mountain atv website tire and wheel combo set. Had to buy the lugs and valvue stems separate but they mounted them added the ride on tire sealer/balancer read really good reviews on the ride on sealer/balancer. Also bought an oil change kit and air filter came to 832 minus a 45 dollar credit I had from them on a return. Excellent site to deal with didnt expect to get everything till tomorrow but ended up coming this past friday. A+ company in my eyes on everything I've gotten from them for myself and as gifts for others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts