Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just driving down the trail yesterday and it just died on me and wouldnt start in P but if i put it in H and held the brake it would start eventually! it was sputtering on the way back to the truck...but all day when i would turn it would die on me sometimes and when i start it back up it would back fire....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
na it wasnt turning it off! think the key chain was hitting the gas cap....from what i understand it has a emergeny shut off if that happens!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Really common problem for the keychain to catch on something when turning, especially to the right and turning it off just far enough to die, the going back to the run position when you straighten out so you don't catch it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just bought a 2013 500HO Just curious how many miles your machine has on it?PM me when you find out what's wrong I am new to the forum and sometimes its days before I get back on and I loose what topic or post i was on...thanks..Ricky

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really common problem for the keychain to catch on something when turning, especially to the right and turning it off just far enough to die, the going back to the run position when you straighten out so you don't catch it.
thats exactly what it is! the next day it ran just fine.....i think the backfiring caused the spark plug to malfunction some way and after sitting up and dry out or whatever it works just fine! next time i ride i will update...... but i started thinking about it and it only died when turning right....thanks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts