Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar problem on two separate occasions. The machine is new with less than 200 miles and is stored inside in a heated space and on a battery tender when not in use so I was under the assumption it was not a voltage issue. The first time it happened was after 1 hour of riding. I went to restart the machine after 5 minutes and the eps light was on and where the P/R/N/L/H is displayed I only got two lines -- the RPM and speedometer would not register either. I shut the machine off for 2 minutes and it had "healed" itself when I restarted it. A week later under similar conditions the problem repeated itself and the same process cured it. I took it to the dealer and when they hooked it up to their diagnostic machine it said there was an update that needed to be installed. It seems Polaris has occasional updates but doesn't necessarily advertise them. The dealer was kind enough to do the update for free where it was just beyond warranty. I'm hoping this is the end of the issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same issue with my '13 550 LE, and scheduled for 11am this morning. I told them about it a month after I got it, and now my warranty has expired. They said it was a "known problem" and should be able to cover it. Nice that they let everybody know about this huh!

·
Registered
17 Posts
EPS Light

Could you let us know if service invoice has any bulletin numbers listed on it after repair?
Boy, I wish I would have read this before I went in, as I didn't get an invoice as it was done under warranty, and I just signed it. Didn't see any numbers:disappointed:. Sorry guys.:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:. Machine is working fine now, took them a whole 10 minutes, and they said they looked at other fault codes and they were all related to this problem.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I have seen that behavior on mine after a wash and when it got really wet from a heavy rain. I haven't had issue reoccur since I placed heavy amounts of dielectric grease on all connections. I will bring it up to my dealer though if it ever reoccurs. Thanks for info!

It would be nice if Polaris TSBs were more readily available like automobiles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts