Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 sportsman 550 LE and the 3rd ride I got the EPS woarning light (which then shuts the ps off) and the H/L/N/R/P indicator just shows --. I had to power off the atv and wait about 3 minutes, turned it back on and it worked fine the rest of the day. This has happened every ride since the time it happened the first time. I have had it into the local Polaris dealership and they can not find the reason for it. They just clear the codes. Any ideas?

·
Registered
417 Posts
The eps relay was fixed on the 13. And being that you can turn it off and fix the problem. When it shuts down have you had a chance too see how hot the unit feels? Did you dielectric all its connections including the Relay?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The unit did feel hot. Even the fuse box which is under the front storage box above the radiator felt warm. Had rode 27 miles Saturday before it happened in the 80+ degree weather. I noticed that there was no dielectric gel on any of the connections and thought that I better go thru the machine and add that to all the connections.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah man.the first day I got my machine. I removed all the body panels and put dielectric grease on every electrical connection point.including where ever fuse and relay plug in and every ground point. I even put some where the shaft goes into the EPS unite. If you ever get in water over the top of that thing it will cool down and suck water past that seal. I really thing there should be a vent tube attached to its case, there's one on everything else that gets hot. Might be something I do in the future when I get time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts