Polaris ATV Forum banner

2013 550 Sportsman LE Alignment Specs

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Panhandle 
#1 ·
I have a pull to the right issue. First toe is 2.34" on the right side and 1 /34" on the left.

Second issue is the handlebars are cocked slightly left. With rough measurements about 10 degrees. This is more of an annoyance than anything.

Does anyone have the alignment specs for this machine?

Is re-clocking the handlebars as easy as a dirt bike? I have not tore into yet, but it looks like I will be tearing into this myself which is no big deal, just was hoping the dealer could do it.

I am very mechanically inclined, just my first quad, that's all.

Thanks in advance.

#3 · (Edited)
Are you the original owner? Sounds like the ATV hit something pretty hard and bent some parts. That being said, I highly recommend that you purchase a copy of the Polaris OEM shop manual, esp if you're going to do your own work. Lot of good info in them. I would check the whole front end over before you start tearing into it and see if there is any damage. The specs, according to my manual for my wife's 2012 550 for toe is 0 to 1/8" OUT (not IN). Maybe when you get the toe back to specs, it'll straighten out the handlebar misalignment.

I haven't worked on the steering post on our machines, but from what I can tell from the manual, on a non EPS model, it looks like there is no adjustment between the handlebars and the steering post. The handlebar blocks bolt directly to a flange on the top of the post. The post is then connected at the bottom end directly to the inner tie rod ends. On an EPS model the steering post attaches to the EPS box with a splined shaft that is keyed so it will go on only one way for alignment. If something was hit, it might be possible that this splined connection was damaged and the steering shaft slipped.

#5 ·
Agree.

I bent a tie rod by hitting a rock. Toe out went to about 1 1/2 inches.

Check the tie rods.

You can adjust the bar alignment by adjusting the tie rods. But I suspect you have something Badly Bent causing both your symptoms. Most likely tie rod(s).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.