Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 2 latches that lock the backrest up or down broke after 4 weeks. It's a cheap plastic molded peice that holds a spring and ball to hold the latch in a detent. The plastic peice is molded wrong and the ball fell out. Anyone else had issues with this? I ordered a new one and expect it to be warranty. I will see how good Power Sports is?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
When i was looking at the x2 , the rear folding seat seemed very crappy made and finicky to put up and down.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Back Seat

I agree, very crappy made. The seat latches on my son-in-laws Sportsman 4 years old is made much better. It's sad they can't make this better, my bet is many of these need replaced after a short time. This is a casting defect, it better be warrenty is all I have to say. Saving 10 cents and losing your quality is not worth it Polaris!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the 2011 850 x2 and haven't had any issues with my bed or seat other than when hauling dirt or rock in the bed I have to clean the seat track out really good so it will go up and down easily again. I've had as much as 7-80 lb bags of concrete in the bed and still had no problems out of latches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts