Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where in the flying monkey is the fill plug! I can find the drain but i cannot see a fill anywhere!:pedro:

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Usually on the left half way up. Hard to get to ESP if you have a winch.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,345 Posts
Have to move the winch out of the way. Top left angled toward the front of the bike is the fill.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really!? What a stupid spot!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
It's very stupid. They didn't rework it when they swapped the radiator and winch in 2011 making it hard to get to now that the winch gets in the way.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess I'll go try and tackle it.

·
Premium Member
11,345 Posts
Its not bad just un bolt the winch from the mount and slide it toward the right side of the bike. Have to pull the front bottom plastic off.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Only takes an extra 15 or 20 minutes to take the plastic off and remove the 4 bolts that hold the winch in and put everything back together.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will I have to take my viking bumper off then? It connects to the bottom.

·
Premium Member
11,345 Posts
yup, when I put my GURU on I thought "dam I have to take this off to change the diff fluid". oh well couple extra steps.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup, when I put my GURU on I thought "dam I have to take this off to change the diff fluid". oh well couple extra steps.
man polaris effed up big time on this one lol. Guess ill do it on the weekend

·
Premium Member
11,345 Posts
man polaris effed up big time on this one lol. Guess ill do it on the weekend
best 4-wheel drive system in the game, they didn't figure we needed winches. LOL.:cool:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
They sold me demand driver fluid angle drive fluid. Which is for front and which for back. They told me the angle was for back but I thought I read somewhere it was for front?

EDIT: i figured that out looked in my manual. They had it right

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any one have the allen size for the plugs? I dont have the one i need so gonna head and get one tomorrow

·
Registered
567 Posts
I think it is the same size as my 400 which is 5/16.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
805 Posts
Measure out the correct amount of fluid and put it in through the vent line. You should have got what looks like a ketchup lid with your oils. Just put the vent hose right on the bottle.

·
Premium Member
11,345 Posts
Measure out the correct amount of fluid and put it in through the vent line. You should have got what looks like a ketchup lid with your oils. Just put the vent hose right on the bottle.
r u speaking from experience? I had this idea before but always filled it the conventional way.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
r u speaking from experience? I had this idea before but always filled it the conventional way.
If doing it this way does that mean I don't have to take everything off? Just move the winch? Where's the vent line BTW lol

·
Registered
505 Posts
That is such a good idea. But I have never gotten that kinda lid with the bottles.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts