Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this in the correct section, but here goes.
What an amazing quad!
My background is B-class dirtbikes through my 20's. 400Ex, Outlaw 500, Outlander Max XT since. I am 43.
The difference between the Can Am and this is night and day!
The Outty was huge and heavy. The Scrammy feels 200 pounds lighter...at least! lol
The AWD system is sooooo much better than the Visco-Lok system on the Outty. It just glides over logs. You would actually feel the Visco-Lok engage as it would try to rip the handlebars out of your hands.
The Can Am does have a lot different feeling to the throttle. Whereas the Scrammy has a smooth, almost linear feeling...the Can Am is a beast. I would think Porsche compared to Viper, with the Can Am being the Viper. I will miss the long burnouts I used to do on the Can Am. However, I am thinking the Polaris will probably be easier to control on long, rocky sections. The best way to ride the Can Am through rocky areas was to stand up and nail it!
I also have to say NOT to ride something with power steering unless you are going to get it. Talk about effortless!
The suspension, as I had assumed would be the case, is much more plush than my Outty with Elka stage 1 shocks.
I have been trying to take it easy for the first 10 hours for break in. But must say I have never ridden a quad as nice as this! :dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Nice ride! Do you feel the scrammy is soft off the line compared to the outy? B&w at outy xt did u have? I have ridden 800xt and 650xt (both 2012) and they were both soft off the line to me (mid range was a different story). The 1000 hits much harder. I almost bought a 850 1 1/2 years ago but fell in love with the torque and nimbleness of a 2012 brute (Elka stage 2). Now looking to come back to Polaris as the brute is beating me up a bit (even with elkas). I imagine those fender extenders r a must?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is hard to say. Obviously I can't hammer the Scrammy...for now. But it is definitely a lot different off the line. The Scrambler seems to spool up and go. Whereas my Outty would literally jump out of it's tires. Now granted I had engine work done on my Outty. However, I am sure it is not more than 77 hp.
It reminds me of a turbo vs a big V8. I love the feel of the Can Am off the line. But it is difficult to handle on really rocky trails.
I have (for sale) an '06 Outlander Max XT 800. It is a monster. I literally feel like I am tearing the lugs off the Bighorns when I full out gun it. But besides that, it is like riding on a dump truck. lol And the brakes and electrical issues...ugh.
And yes, I would not ride the Scrammy without the extensions. It looks more sporty without them. But I can ride all day with them. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts