Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I broke my front axles a month ago took it in and got them warrantied. Haven't really rode it til last weekend but if u go real slow it sounds like something clanking around. I've checked all joints and nothing is loose awd kicks in and out like it should. Any suggestions on what else to look at? If I take it back to the shop it's another. 50$ to get it checked out.

2013 850ho

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We'll I'm tryin to confirm what it is first. To me it sounds like it's coming from the front diff

2013 850ho

·
Registered
993 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
what did that little gem end up costing to repair?

12 850EPS Short bus edition

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
$12. If it didn't wreck anything else in there. It sits on the backlash adjuster screw and rides against the ring gear to keep proper backlash on it. This one made it 35 hours and 900 miles and never had the fluid changed since the manual says every 100 hours so the owner thought he had lots of time to go.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Oh ok. Well that wasn't bad, just labor intensive getting to everything.
:D

·
Registered
301 Posts
is it the wa wa noise?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
417 Posts
Before you go taking things apart. Does your awd work?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Before you go taking things apart. Does your awd work?

Yes awd works fine kicks in and out like it should. But some times it feels like the adc is working when it's not on and it's not showing the icon on the display either

2013 850ho

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
That's what this one did. Felt like the ADC was kicking in in 2wd over 18mph. You can probably get the side cover off without pulling the whole diff, but will have to pull the front left axle to do it. But if it came loose and slid around in there at all it likely chewed up some of the plastic stuff in there. The diff this one came from took $160 in parts including all the seals at $55 as a precaution since it was all apart and on the bench.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's what this one did. Felt like the ADC was kicking in in 2wd over 18mph. You can probably get the side cover off without pulling the whole diff, but will have to pull the front left axle to do it. But if it came loose and slid around in there at all it likely chewed up some of the plastic stuff in there. The diff this one came from took $160 in parts including all the seals at $55 as a precaution since it was all apart and on the bench.
I will call the dealer and talk to them about it tomorrow. But if it's gonna cost me $$ again I'll just wait til the whole thing goes before I take it in.

2013 850ho

1 - 17 of 17 Posts