Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
On the Sportsman XP......Sunset Red, Indy Red, Stealth Black, Blue Fire, Polaris Pursuit Camo, Browning Pursuit Camo and Sage Green. Gloss Black and a White for the Scrambler.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2013 850 xp

Well I think I am getting a sunset red 850xp eps, be my first atv with eps, what do I need to put die electric grease on? I think someone mentioned about moving a ground wire from fuel tank to frame? I will check frame grounds and battery cables also. Any other info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the eps is great. I amazed about no more bump steer. I can tell there is more power with this atv than my 2011 had. Ride is still nice and smooth.

Plowing snow is fun!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. EPS is great. I was a little unsure about it after a short test ride at the dealer all at low speed cause it was so light and easy. But out on the trail at speed it is nice.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well almost have 50 miles on 850. Got out on gravel road today and opened her up and hit 50 mph, grinning from ear to ear. Went down in ditch busting through snow drifts and no kick back in handle bars in 4wd.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
youll find that 50 MPH is easy and hitting 60+ comes quick and can get scary. but it a whole lotta fun to slide around on some gravel roads!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
What year did magnetic mettalic come along?
I believe '11. IIRC the Touring LE was as follows.

'11 - Magnetic Metallic
'12 - White
'13 - Sunset red
'14 - Bronze Mist

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is paint code on the build sheet that comes with atv? Can the dealer tell me?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i would think the dealer could tell you atleast. any got automotive paint stores may have the information as well

·
Registered
42 Posts
SunSet850XP,
I found a guy on ebay that got me Polaris paint. He fixes crashed atvs. If you give him your VIN#. He will look up your color you want. I think, I got a 12 oz can for like $15. Including shipping. Do you want his name and number?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
yep they are fun to ride

1 - 19 of 19 Posts