Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 850 have LOTS of engine breaking when you let off the gas, doesn't skid the back tires but will almost come to a dead stop going down hill. Do not notice any change when in ADC.
My 2006 800 was not quite aggressive on decal even with an EPI clutch kit.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
2wd is less aggressive then 4wd, I never use adc its so strong in 4wd.
Something I allways remind anyone taking my bike for a rip is how strong the engine brake is so hold on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies, just wasn't sure with only 300 miles on the machine and having the primary clutch fail at only 11 miles on the very first ride.
The EBS bearing failed (melted) and tore up the belt and scared the shaft it runs on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
850 problems

I bought this 2009 850 in early spring with a little over 100 hours. It soon started blowing out oil under the headlight like others have explained on here. The machining plug had blown out. the dealer put all new bearings and seals in the machine at his expense. have not ridden it a lot and now the power steering is intermittent and it has very little owner and the engine has a miss. I changed plugs and it not help. I have been told that a computer update will make the power steering work correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just subconsciously learned to never fully close the throttle unless I want to come to a complete stop. There are plenty of times that I am simultaneously giving it about 5% throttle and on the brakes down a hill.

Now the one thing that I still haven't taken a liking to is the single lever brakes on the left hand.

·
Registered
31 Posts
With 500 miles on my 13 850 I notice it had lessened some since new. Its not as strong as my outlander, but was close before it broke in. I've never used the ADC switch, never had a need for it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have 300 miles on mine now and it's getting a bit better or I am getting used to it, not sure...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Only time I find the adc useful is when I am pulling a trailer in the mountains downhill. It keeps the trailer from pushing the rear end of the bike around. Besides that I would never want ebs on my bike. I prefer human control, not bike control

·
Registered
765 Posts
I never use adc either, or I should say rarely. on slow rocky descent it works fine. but if its real steep loose and gravely, hold on to your hat, the back end will want to pass the front end. the engine braking is way to powerful with adc engaged in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
it is strong, but not as strong as some other brands. It is a good thing if you traverse very steep (black and double black) trails

1 - 11 of 11 Posts