Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting a creaking noise on my 850xp when going left to right and its harder to turn. If i spray wd40 on the shaft it goes away but that last 15 minutes of riding. I read somewhere online that there is a grease fitting for the steering column. i have found all of the grease fittings but the one that is for the steering. Any help? Preferably a picture of where it is?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have heard of people swapping out the steering bushing and clamp for ones that are greasable, but was unaware of Polaris ever using these from the factory.

Sean

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
This is the only bushing for the shaft, will need to be disassembled to lube. Is behind the front brace where the ADC reservoir mounts.
I used a waterproof Crimson, grease, it is a synthetic, will not wash out with water.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If the noise goes away with WD 40 which is a very lite lubricant then use a better lube. WD 40 dries very quickly and water will wash it off. I use Fluid Film on mine. Just give it a spray every time I grease it and never have a squeak. Fluid Film is a lot better lubricant. It will resist rust and will not wash off with normal water spray. It is great for rusty nuts. You can spray it on and stand back and watch the rust start to liquify. Great stuff if you can find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts