Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Accidently wrote 2013 in the title (can't seem to edit that) but it's a 2016

I bought my son a 2016 Polaris Outlaw 50 but he's use to a Scrambler 50 my niece rides. I have no problems with the Outlaw 50, I think it's great for what it is but it's only hitting a top speed of 12 and doesn't have nearly the power of the Scrambler. I realize the Scrambler is a 2 stroke and I don't need the Outlaw to hit 20mph like that one does but the Outlaw just seems really slow and weak compared to it. Is there a CDI I can swap out or any other mods that can be done to make this thing last a little while longer? He's nowhere near ready for a 90 and my next ones going to be a 2 stroke if all the 4 strokes are like this so that jump is a long ways off.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
A 50 cc two stroke generates the power of a 110 cc four stroke and the 50 cc Outlaw has Per ANSI / SVIA-1-2010 (sec. 6.1) the unrestricted top speed is 15 MPH or less for the Y-6+ models and 30 MPH or less for the Y-10+ models.

There is a throttle limiter screw that may be adjusted for a higher top speed, but there is not much that can be done for the power or torque. On a four stroke engine there is no substitute for displacement.

·
Registered
105 Posts
When my kids were on youth quads all I would buy were older 2-stroke 80-90cc's. Modifications to make them faster are cheap and plentiful so I was able to modify them as they're skills improved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts