Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, I bought this thing new in Oct 2012 with new plow. I don't drive it much but use it mainly for snow plow and some trail riding around my house. I missed the 25hr service and am now at 50 hrs. I could probably do the service myself but it really spits and sputs mainly in reverse as I do the driveway snow. I also saw an engine light come on briefly today. Odd that it would be spittin only in reverse???? Has newer gas which was my first thought. Just looking for some suggestions before I take it to the dealer for service or just tackle it myself. I'm an ok wrench, just not too motivated in the cold weather. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
are you pushing the reverse over ride button on the left...it will sput an spit if not pushed when in AWD.....

·
Registered
215 Posts
If it is a hassle to you while plowing you can wire in a switch that will override it in 1 position and in the other go back to stock for when others ride the quad. Much better for plowing without having to hold button.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I was not pushing the yellow reverse button. Started doing that and it seems to run fine now. Thanks for the info! Will change out the oil this weekend too! Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts