Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install a Polaris winch tomorrow, anything special I need to know? I removed the front grille and other pieces in preparation for picking the winch up tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Pretty straight forward. bolt the winch into the mount, then slide the mount into place. Wiring is pretty straight forward, and the relay mounts to the side of the radiator support on the right side. I also cover all the connections in liquid electrical tape once in to protect from corrosion.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bruce, and I'm assuming the shorter wire that comes off the switch is to be tied in somewhere that gets power when the key is on? Also the ground wire to the battery seems short for the best way to route it to the battery.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Let us know how it goes. I plan to add one to my 550 in the spring. I'd do it now but just no time. I remember it being straightforward on my 700.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Winch power

The power wire is located below the plastic under the handle bar headlight. It is orange with white stripe and has a piece of heat shrink over the end of the wire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts