Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, they come that way on the Limited Editions. I guess they are powder coated. Hopefully since I figured out how to get the photos posted someone in the market will ride it away. I've got to have knee replacement soon and at 65 I doubt if I will be riding another ATV.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not $5000, $5500. I had it listed in the previous post, without photos, for $6200. I was just texting pictures to prospects but most were a long way away. Just decided to drop it to $5500 so I could move on. I am near Athens Ga but if a deal is made I would be willing to meet someone half way. I've been to Melborne many times fishing.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Don't let the knee replacement stop you. You'll be like new. Believe me, had a friend who had both replaced and he rode. No longer does since he had neck surgery and Dr was opposed to it after that. But, he still rode for a bit. I too had a hip replacement 5 years ago and never gave it up. Still ride and did about 6 months after my surgery. Actually purchased my Polaris new later that same year. Now, granted I was 41 when I had it done but it's been 5 years and ZERO complaints. Just my opinion. Hate to see you give it up and get rid of a nice machine.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the encouragement RND. I do feel I will recover and be able to ride again. There are other factors also. My wife was my main riding partner and I lost her awhile back. We did 95% of our riding while at our cabin. It's never as much fun or safe to ride by yourself and I just haven't been riding near as much as we once did. I enjoy riding but I think it's time to move on. :hand:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Pirate, those are great machines. I was recently looking for another atv. The same machine as yours was posted on CL in CT last week. The day after I saw the add I called when I got home from work. Unfortunately when I reached the seller it was being loaded up by the new buyer. He also had it listed for 5500 and said took a few hundred less. Found a nice Sportsman 600 very close to where the LE was sold in CT on Sunday. The 550s ride nice, you can notice they weigh less than the 850s. If you don't need the rocket power of the 850 or 1000, 550s are great bikes. Should sell quick. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree. I never have believed more CC's make anyone a better rider. I believe a 550 will do anything a skilled rider ask of it.

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
Don't give up because of a knee replacement! I had a hip done two years ago, at 64, knee surgery last month, being treated for spinal stenosis, etc. Still riding and enjoying it. Just don't go wild.
Looks like you need to swap your front tires between sides.

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
Man pirate I wish you didn't have to sell your ATV. But good luck with the sale and the knee surgery :).

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1400, almost all of which are logging roads and dirt subdivision roads where I have a cabin.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Think your front tires are on wrong sides..

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Been switched. I was moving pretty fast the day I was getting my pictures and just wasn't paying attention when I put the wheels back on. Thanks for the input.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts