Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 3:15 I smoked a rock hidden in the mud. Bent my A arm, my rim, and ball joint was toast. Didn't know how bad it was till we got back to the cabin. Had some luck,the weld broke on the lower end by the ball joint and wasn't held together by much. Could have been real bad if it let go later on in the day.

Anyway hope you enjoy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KIW4dVu4f3U

·
Registered
347 Posts
I see a few of you are running swamp lites. What size are they and what air pressure are you running in them? I just bought a set of 27's for my 2014 850. Nice vid looks like you guys had a good time!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! They were 27s and we run 5 psi.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Nice video! That's some rugged terrain!

I'm not being rude here, but if that's how you all ride, I'm curious why none of you are running real mud tires? If I were to go through the hassle of relocating my rad and snorkeling, I'd probably be running some outlaws or zillas at the very least. Is there a particular reason?

Just looked at your signature, noticed the mega mayhems.....ah that's better :) When did you get those?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice video! That's some rugged terrain!

I'm not being rude here, but if that's how you all ride, I'm curious why none of you are running real mud tires? If I were to go through the hassle of relocating my rad and snorkeling, I'd probably be running some outlaws or zillas at the very least. Is there a particular reason?

Just looked at your signature, noticed the mega mayhems.....ah that's better :) When did you get those?
Thanks! Ya, I looked at the 28"OL2s but decided to go a little lighter with the Mega Mayhems. Plus it was lighter on my wallet:str:Got them mid summer and I'm pretty happy how they perform.

My buddy with the other 2011 XP with the rad relocated called my Mayhems mega axle snappers. He broke a cv with his stock tires(his fault) so he really didn't want heavy tires.

I see your point, tires play a huge factor in the mud game. We get a little of everything from rock climbs, mud, sand, and even the odd road. I changed my mind on tires I don't know how many times before I bought.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great mudbog video, it was fun to watch as I'm waiting here for a little more snow to accumulate before I go out and play.
Thanks for bringing us great entertainment

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks :veryhappy: looks like you guys are getting hit pretty good. We were suppose to get 10-15cm.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Looks like it was a fun year. Wish there were muddy trails like that around here like that.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Thanks! Ya, I looked at the 28"OL2s but decided to go a little lighter with the Mega Mayhems. Plus it was lighter on my wallet:str:Got them mid summer and I'm pretty happy how they perform.

My buddy with the other 2011 XP with the rad relocated called my Mayhems mega axle snappers. He broke a cv with his stock tires(his fault) so he really didn't want heavy tires.
Lol, lighter on the wallet is right! And thanks for the feedback.

Mega mayhems are good tires for what you do, and they aren't that heavy comparatively. I ride with 2 can am1000s that both run them in 28s and they perform well.

Maybe your buddy should look into some zillas eventually. Lightweight, reasonably tough and clean out pretty well. Ride is even a little better than the mayhems. Only downfall is the sidewalls are a little weak so you really have to watch your pressure and they run small.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts