Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When beginning to move in either 4 x 2 or 4 x 4.....the machine makes a clanking noise/sound, not clunking......comes from the front end.....also it doesn't matter if I am turning the wheels or not.......lasts all of about "4-5 clanks" and is done.....have less than 200 miles on it......I have visually ckd the front end many times looking for something loose, a rock stuck in disc, etc.....nothing......called local Polaris dealer.....of not much help, other than just bring it in......any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
11,394 Posts
When beginning to move in either 4 x 2 or 4 x 4.....the machine makes a clanking noise/sound, not clunking......comes from the front end.....also it doesn't matter if I am turning the wheels or not.......lasts all of about "4-5 clanks" and is done.....have less than 200 miles on it......I have visually ckd the front end many times looking for something loose, a rock stuck in disc, etc.....nothing......called local Polaris dealer.....of not much help, other than just bring it in......any thoughts?
brother this is the atv forum u need to hit the RZR forums.

Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Going to probably have someone look at the front end while someone else drives it to see if you can pinpoint the location. Hard to tell without looking at that one. My first guess would be an outer CV axle went bad or broke.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Most the time it is just the brake pads. Look on youtube. The best fix I've seen is to pull the bolts out of the caliper. The pads hit the caliper bolt causing the noise. Put a piece of shrink tubing on it and shrink it then put it back together. No more noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts