Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my atv to the dealer to check my brakes and I was told my brake were shot already and I needed to replace them with new ones. My bike only. has 35hrs and about 50miles on run time has anybody came across this problem with the brakes on the 2013 polaris scramblers or sportman 850??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it's been in mud lots of lol the dealer tried telling me the calipers were bad but when they did the brake-in oil change at 24hrs they said the brakes were ok

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mud is the ultimate brake pad eater whether your using the brakes or not. I have 400 miles on my scrambler and I'm due for pads here shortly

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Look at new ones, there is only about 1/8" of pad on them at best. They wear out fast if you're in the mud or towing a lot or on the brakes a lot with fast trail riding coming into corners. I think they could have easily doubled the amount of pad on them, but that would just double the cost of the pads so you'd be doing them half as often for double the price. Sucks either way.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ Sort of, the manufacturing process wouldnt be 2x the cost so it shouldnt be 2x the price. the bonding and the backing would still be the same, just twice the pad material.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts